Winter Weather Reminder
Winter Weather is here.
Please remember to dress appropriately for the cold wet weather with coats, gloves, and footwear. Hats and hoods should be removed upon entering the school building.
A reminder, students should not arrive at school before 8:20 if they are not eating breakfast. We do not have supervision before school. Students eating breakfast can arrive at 8 am and go directly to the cafeteria to get breakfast, those going to the cafeteria will be expected to have breakfast.
Tips on how to dress during cold weather
- Wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing. Trapped air between the layers will insulate you. Outer garments should be tightly woven, water repellent, and hooded.
- Wear a hat. 40 percent of your body heat can be lost from your head.
- Wear mittens. Mittens, snug at the wrist, are better than gloves to keep your hands warm.
- Try to stay dry and out of the wind.
- Cover your mouth with a scarf to protect your lungs from extreme cold. This is especially important if you have a respiratory condition such as asthma.
On occasion, weather conditions may be too extreme for outdoor activities. These include heavy precipitation (rain or snow), severe winds, extreme temperatures and extremely low wind chill factors. Local weather advisories are provided by the National Weather Service.