Welcome to Shadle Park High School's Counseling Center!Today is Tuesday, September 25, 2018Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pmPhone: (509) 354-6870Fax: (509) 324-4009*** Counselors will be out of the office Friday, June 15th until Tuesday, August 21st. For immediate assistance, please contact the Public Office at 509-354-6700. Have a WONDERFUL Summer!
*** POWERSCHOOL WILL BE UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE OVER THE SUMMER. THIS MAY REFLECT A SCHEDULE DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. BE SURE TO CHECK BACK THE WEEK OF AUGUST 20TH TO VIEW THE MOST ACCURATE VERSION OF YOUR SCHEDULE FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT CLASS CHANGE REQUESTS UNTIL THIS TIME TO LIMIT CONFUSION. THANK YOU!
To see your counselor, please stop by before or after school, during passing periods or during lunch to make an appointment.
Shadle Park High School Counselor Belief Statements:
The Counselors at Shadle Park High School believe:
- All students have equal access to be served by a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students have a capacity to learn and to be supported in the academic, personal/social and career domains.
- All students can develop the skills necessary for academic success, personal growth, positive interpersonal relationships, college and career development and healthy choices
- The student and parent (s)/guardians are responsible for monitoring the student’s educational progress with the assistance of a professional school counselor.
And that the school counseling program:
- Is planned and coordinated by state-certified, masters degree level school counselors in collaboration with other representatives of the school community.
- Engages students in classroom, group and/or individual activities to enhance student learning
- Provides academic, college and career, and personal/social development for all students.
- Uses data to drive the program development and evaluation and actively monitors student results.
- Collaborates with community, parents and other school representatives to deliver program services.
And that all school counselors:
- Are advocates for all students and work collaboratively with school representatives, administration, community and parents/guardians as it relates to the students’ academic, personal/social, and college and career goals.
- Abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program.
Shadle Park High School Counseling Department Mission Statement:We are advocates for all students and we provide equal access to a comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program to support student academic, personal/social and college and career goals.