Welcome to Shadle Park High School's Counseling Center!Today is Sunday, August 18, 2019Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pmPhone: (509) 354-6870Fax: (509) 324-4009
***Attention Class of 2023 Students and Families
SPHS Counselor Student Caseloads will be shifting to an all Alpha model beginning August 2019.
A-D: Christy Peterson
E-K: Kitty Hennessey
L-Q: Stephanie Filippini
R-Z: Alana Pazevic
Counselors will be available during Freshman Orientation to answer any questions
and address schedule concerns on Wednesday, August 22 (Time TBD).
A summer newletter will be sent out with more details. Looking forward to a great school year!
Shadle Park High School Counselor Belief Statements:
The Counselors at Shadle Park High School believe:
- All students have equal access to be served by a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students have a capacity to learn and to be supported in the academic, personal/social and career domains.
- All students can develop the skills necessary for academic success, personal growth, positive interpersonal relationships, college and career development and healthy choices
- The student and parent (s)/guardians are responsible for monitoring the student’s educational progress with the assistance of a professional school counselor.
And that the school counseling program:
- Is planned and coordinated by state-certified, masters degree level school counselors in collaboration with other representatives of the school community.
- Engages students in classroom, group and/or individual activities to enhance student learning
- Provides academic, college and career, and personal/social development for all students.
- Uses data to drive the program development and evaluation and actively monitors student results.
- Collaborates with community, parents and other school representatives to deliver program services.
And that all school counselors:
- Are advocates for all students and work collaboratively with school representatives, administration, community and parents/guardians as it relates to the students’ academic, personal/social, and college and career goals.
- Abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program.
Shadle Park High School Counseling Department Mission Statement:We are advocates for all students and we provide equal access to a comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program to support student academic, personal/social and college and career goals.