Welcome to Shadle Park High School's Counseling Center!
Today is Sunday, March 18, 2018
Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Phone: (509) 354-6870
Fax: (509) 324-4009
There are many new faces in the counseling center this year. Please welcome the new staff and be patient, they are all working hard to help you!
To see your counselor, please stop by before or after school, during passing periods or during lunch to make an appointment.
Shadle Park High School Counselor Belief Statements:
The Counselors at Shadle Park High School believe:
- All students have equal access to be served by a comprehensive school counseling program.
- All students have a capacity to learn and to be supported in the academic, personal/social and career domains.
- All students can develop the skills necessary for academic success, personal growth, positive interpersonal relationships, college and career development and healthy choices
- The student and parent (s)/guardians are responsible for monitoring the student’s educational progress with the assistance of a professional school counselor.
And that the school counseling program:
- Is planned and coordinated by state-certified, masters degree level school counselors in collaboration with other representatives of the school community.
- Engages students in classroom, group and/or individual activities to enhance student learning
- Provides academic, college and career, and personal/social development for all students.
- Uses data to drive the program development and evaluation and actively monitors student results.
- Collaborates with community, parents and other school representatives to deliver program services.
And that all school counselors:
- Are advocates for all students and work collaboratively with school representatives, administration, community and parents/guardians as it relates to the students’ academic, personal/social, and college and career goals.
- Abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program.
Shadle Park High School Counseling Department Mission Statement:
We are advocates for all students and we provide equal access to a comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program to support student academic, personal/social and college and career goals.