In partnership with
US Youth Disc Golf Association of Spokane, SPS offers Disc
Golf clubs after school across elementary and middle school locations. Students in 4th-8th
grade participate in practice two days per week prior to competing in a
regional tournament at the end of the season. Disc Golf is a lifetime fitness sport open to all students.
- Number of students served per club: 20
- Grades served: 4th-8th
- Space needed to offer club at school: Outdoor field space
- Curriculum/PD, baskets, and discs provided by SPS
- Building pays for Disc Golf club leader from extra-curricular budget (discretionary)
- Offered during fall and spring
- Clubs meet after school, 2 or 3 days per week for 6-8 weeks
- Number of clubs SPS can support per season: 15
- Starts the week of Sept. 19 and ends the week of Oct.
24. Coaches' training available at each school for school leaders.
- Family Field Trips
* Friday, Oct. 14, 3:20 p.m. - Audubon Finch
* Friday, Oct. 21, 3:20 p.m. - Comstock Park
* For FFTs, bused teams will be given priority. 2 starting points will be provided.
* 6 holes, 4 trick shots. Score cards will be provided.
* Coaches can use this for a qualifier.
* Play time should be 1 to 1.5 hours. Families can show up as late as 4:30 p.m.
- North YMCA Open Practice
* Oct. 10-27: weekdays, 3- 5p.m. Weekends, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
*Download a course map at www.usydga.com. Simply park and play. No check-in required. Park on gravel lot on north end of the building.
* YMCA facility unavailable to non-members, with the exception of restrooms located just inside front entrance.
- All City Championships Qualifier
* Friday, Oct. 28, 3:30 p.m. - North YMCA Disc Golf Course
* Warmup at 3:30 p.m.
* Player meeting at 4 p.m.
* Shotgun start at 4:15 p.m.
* 9 holes, 3 trick shots
* Scores will be posted by 8 p.m.
* Qualifiers for Final 9 will be announced at the tournament.
- All City Final 9 Tournament
* Saturday, Oct. 29, 10 a.m. - North YMCA Disc Golf Course
* Awards Ceremony immediately after
* 9 holes
* No Trick Shots
* 5th, & 6th grade Girls (overflow 4th graders included)
* 5th & 6th grade Boys (overflow 4th graders included)
* 7th & 8th Grade Girls
* 7th & 8th Grade Boys
* High School Girls
* High School Boys
- Find more information at www.usydga.com