Elementary Accelerated Math for5th and 6th grade students
Students who are in 5th and 6th grade who have been identified as advanced in Math are invited to join our Elementary Accelerated Math program. This program is a good fit for students who have some of these characteristics, as described by a current 6th grade Accelerated Math student:
- Willing to be an independent learner
- Want to be challenged
- Takes and uses notes
- Good study habits
- Appreciates quick results
What curriculum will accelerated math students be using?
- 6th grade students will be using district online MS Accelerated Math curriculum (7th/8th grade Math combined) via Blackboard and MathXL
- 5th grade students will be using district online 6th grade Math curriculum (for 2016-17 there will be a 5th/6th Math combined for this purpose) via Blackboard and MathXL
How will Elementary Accelerated Math be supported?
- The student’s Math Teacher will be monitoring students, answering questions, and providing daily support
- Spokane Virtual and Blended Learning (SVBL) Mentor Teacher will come around to accelerated math classrooms for periodic check and connect sessions with teachers and students
How do I enroll my student in Elementary Accelerated Math?
- Please speak with your child’s teacher and/or school principal