Thank you for your interest in Spokane Public Schools! We have recently changed our Applicant Tracking System to NEOGOV.
- School bus driver jobs are handled through our transportation provider, Durham School Services.
- Before you apply, be sure to read through the applicaton requirements.
If you are interested in applying for roles at SPS after Feb. 1, 2019, you will need to fill out a new profile. Find out how to create a new profile and to apply to new roles in this video.
Help & Support
- Exercise care in filling out the online application. Please specifically indicate, and give excellent examples of, your experience and qualifications as it relates to the position for which you are applying.
- Each application for an open role has specific requirements that applicants need to compete. If you do not compete every requirement in the application, you will not be able to submit your application. The system will let you know if your application is missing information. Applicants with incomplete applications will not be considered for interviews.
- When applicable, assessments may be administered before or after a personal interview.
- Some email filters will send district emails directly to SPAM or junk folders. Once you have completed an application, periodically check these folders to ensure you haven’t missed any correspondence.
- If you are selected for an interview and we can't reach you by email, we will give you a call. You can also see if an email has been sent by reviewing the information in the “Inbox” area of your online Profile.
- If you have applied for a position and are not selected, you will receive an email when the position is filled.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I ... ?
- Change or update something in my main profile? Click the Sign In link at the top right of the main jobs page screen. Log in using your username or email and your password. Once logged in, click back on your name, that now appears in the upper right box. Go to Profile and update or change anything that needs it.
- Apply for positions? If you have a current profile with us, you can log in with the Sign In link at the top right of the main jobs page, and once logged in, click on the open role you are interested in, and click the green Apply button to apply directly for that role.
If you do not have a saved profile in our Jobs page, you can create one once you push the green Apply button within a job description. Just select the Create an account link and create your account there. Watch this video if you need more assistance.
- Add documents to my file? Sign in the same way as explained above and add any documents to your Profile once in your profile.
- Find out the closing date of a job I applied for? Check out our online postings. The closing date is listed in the top of the posting. PRINT a copy of the posting for your records so you will have it in the event you are called for an interview.
What if I am unable to upload the resume and letters of recommendation?
If you have any issues with the system, click on the Menu button on the top right of the main Jobs Page. From here, click Help and Support. Any question you have should be answered with in this help screen. For additional support, call the help line at 1-855-524-5627.
My supervisor is not allowed to write a letter of recommendation (per company policy).
You may submit your last employee performance evaluation. Many employers are willing to write a “personal” letter of reference that speaks to your work history, not on company letterhead, which is an acceptable alternative.
What information is on a resume?
Name, contact information, education, detailed work history. It may also include any volunteer experience (Scouts, Camp Fire, church, community organizations, classrooms, for example). Sample resumes may be accessed via the internet, or find a sample resume here.
To access resume templates on Microsoft Word, click on “File, New…, New from template, Professional resume.
I'm unable to submit letters of recommendation and/or resume by the closing date. Can I still apply?
No. Your application must be complete with all application requirements by the closing date/time of the posting. The system will not let you apply to a role without a complete application.
I have applied for several positions and have not been interviewed. Why?
The district receives numerous applications for each vacant position, and we interview the most qualified applicants. Check your application to make sure you have updated your experience, resume and have current letters of recommendation.
What qualifications do I need to work in the Spokane Public Schools?
Each position posting has a list of preferred and/or required qualifications to be eligible for that specific position. Be sure to review all the qualifications listed per opening. Student teachers may apply when they have met the qualifications listed on the position posting and they are eligible to apply for and receive the Washington State teaching certificate.
What if I do not have a current State certificate?
Any offer of employment for a teaching, or Certificated, role will be contingent upon your holding a valid Washington State Certificate prior to your contract beginning. Plan ahead. The certification process may take as long as 2 – 3 months.
You may apply for a certificate through the state certification office at: Office of State Superintendent of Public Instruction, Professional Certification Office, Old Capitol Building FG-11, Olympia, WA 98504, or Educational Service District 101, 4202 South Regal, Spokane WA 99201. Call them at 509-789-3502.
If I apply for a position and similar position is posted later, will I automatically be considered for that second position?
No. You must associate your online application to each position in which you wish to be considered. Every application is only connected to that specific job you applied to.
What if I need a special accommodation to complete the application?
Please contact our Human Resources office for assistance via contact info on the "Contact Us " page link to the left.
If I have questions about equal employment opportunity policies, whom do I contact?
Ramon Alvarez, Sr. Director Human Resources and Equal Employment Officer at 509-354-7344.
Do I need to resubmit my letters of recommendation and resume each time I apply for a job?
No (and yes). Once you have submitted this information it will stay in the profile associated to you in our system. For any job that you apply for in the future, depending on what is required, you may be asked to re-attach a letter or resume. Documents you have uploaded previously can be reattached. Once you push the Attach button, the system will ask you which of your previously attached documents you would like to use, or, you can attach a new more updated document from your system. This allows you to manage your documents so the most current is what shows.
What are the requirements to apply for a job?
Application requirements are different depending on which job category the open role falls within. Please see the link to the left titled “application requirements”.
Do I need to be a citizen of the United States?
We will hire United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (Title 8, US Code, Section 1.324A). All new employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9), issued by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service, which requires documentation to establish this eligibility.
I am a retired employee but want to sub for the district. What do I need to do?
Please apply for an open Substitute opening on our Jobs page. You can search the various open roles by using the keyword “Substitute”.
Do I need to complete a new application every time I want to apply for a job?
No. If you have a current profile with us you can log-in with the Sign In link at the top right of the main jobs page, and once logged in, click on the open role you are interested in, and click the green Apply button to apply directly for that role. If you are not logged in, and you find a job you would like to apply for, just click the green Apply button, and you can login directly there. Please note, every application corresponds to that open role only. Different roles may require different things to apply, such as additional questions to answer, or letters of recommendation. The system will let you know if you are missing anything in your core profile that needs to be added to the application.
Do I need official transcripts to have a complete application?
No, official transcripts are only needed upon hire. Unofficial copies can be uploaded into your application.